If you have had great fun-filled snowmobiling, you might know how wisely dirty your snowmobile jacket can get. It can be a prick to look at stains in your jacket.
Are you wondering how you can clean your snowmobile jacket without affecting its fabric? Then read this article!
How To Clean a Snowmobile Jacket
Great care must be taken while you wash your snowmobile jacket. Always look for the care instructions that come with the product before you go ahead.
Unless indicated otherwise, you can follow these steps to clean your snowmobile jacket. So here’s how you do it.
- The first thing you need to do is to brush off any loose dirt from your jacket. There might be snow or sand particles or any leaves and twig debris. Make sure to clean them up.
- Now turn the jacket inside out before you clean.
- Close all flaps and straps and loosen any drawstrings to avoid chafing your jacket.
- Put your snowmobile jacket in your washer. Note that you must avoid putting your jacket with other clothes. This might reduce the efficiency of the cleaning process.
- You can either use laundry detergent or soap, or you can go for special gear washes available from different brands.
- Rinse twice in a lower spin setting to avoid any creasing.
- After the washing is done, dry your snowmobile jacket in the dryer using the tumble-low dry setting. If indicated otherwise in your care instructions, then line-dry it.
- If you want to enhance and reactivate the durable waterproof repellent action of your snowmobile jacket, then tumble dry it for another 20 minutes.
- If you don’t have a tumble dryer then you can iron your jacket with a towel or cloth on top of the jacket.
- You can check if your jacket has been completely activated with DWR by running a few drops of water over it. If the water pulls into the outer fabric then you might have to repeat the DWR activation.
- Still, if your jacket hasn’t gotten enough waterproofing, then it’s high time you apply another water-repellent coating. You need to tumble dry or iron your garment again after doing this.
Precautions To Take While Cleaning a Snowmobile Jacket
- Don’t use powder detergents as they might not get washed away well.
- In case of stains, avoid using a stain remover. Instead, gently rub a liquid detergent over the stain.
- Don’t use bleach. Make sure your detergent doesn’t have bleach in it before you use it to clean your snowmobile jacket.
- Don’t use fabric softeners as they might damage your jacket.
- Avoid using high heat or steam setting on your iron if you are using it to dry instead of a tumble dryer.
- Make sure to use a low spin setting in the washer while you wash your snowmobile jacket.
So now we hope you know all about cleaning your snowmobile jacket. Follow these steps carefully and keep the care instructions in mind.